So as you know, I've been working on the CNR from DB's Wish you were here...I thought I would finish the shoulders by Japanese shortrows b/c I'm not a fan of stair-stepped shoulders and trying to seam those together. Okay good. I finished the back, J-shortrowed each shoulder and kept all live stitches on the circular needle and moved on to the right and left pieces of the front. Good. After a few starts and stops of munging the cable pattern, I headed to the shoulders.
That's when I noticed it. The back allows for 27sts for the shoulders and each front piece allows for 31sts. Um, what?! I did go to the DB site to check for errata and there isn't anything listed for that book...yet. Is it b/c it's relatively new? I didn't see a 'contact us' link for her site, but I did find and send mail to a US distributor for her products. I wasn't holding my breath 'cause...well, you just never know. Well, gosh. I received a reply from someone at KnittingFever that said her guess is that the shoulders might be meant to be eased in together. Hmmm. This won't work if I'm binding them off 3-needle style. She did say however, that she would ask and see what she can find out...cool!
So I guess, until I find out I will start in on the sleeves! Then again, I suppose taking 2sts from the live neck stitches won't kill me...
Oh--and I did take my sockpal's box to the post office today!! They are now on their way to the ... mid-west! ^__^
Oh, and Typepad is acting funny...typically when someone makes a comment I get an email notification that someone has commented...it's not working...hmm.
Time for some coffee!